I was a little shy of the idea of making an all-time list. Not because I didn't think that it was possible, but because a lot of it is subjective. And it really is a personal jounrey which needs to be made.
For me, I first got into the manga that I could relate to and then branched from thete. It was manga that made an impression on me at the time. But my list will not be your all-time list. A good way to go about these things is looking it up by demographic:
- Manga aimed at a young male audience. Shōnen manga is the most popular form of manga.
- Manga marketed toward adolescent boys and men old enough to read kanji. Seinen manga can focus on action, politics, science fiction, fantasy, relationships, sports, or comedy
- Shojo is a Japanese word for "girl" and is often romanized as either shojo (without a macron) or shoujo. shojo manga is manga aimed at a teenage female readership. This type of manga focuses on many subjects in a variety of narrative styles, from historical drama to science fiction, often with a focus on romantic relationships or emotions.
- Josei are manga comics for women in their late teens on into adulthood. The subject matter tends to be both more sexually explicit and contain more mature storytelling, although that is not always true either.
Now look up the top 10 best sellers of each group.
If they've sold so well, there's probably a correlation to that and how fun or interesting they are as experiences.
I will be honest, I did not like all of these the first time I read them (Berserk, you know I am talking about you) but they have all grown on me and are often considered "the cassic manga" works.
- Full Metal Alchamist
- One Piece
- Hunter × Hunter
On the Radar
- Shokugeki no soma
- Koe no katachi
- My Hero Academia
Great Not Classic
- Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite
- Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku
- Umerareta Yami to Shōjo
If you like those you may find the following title interesting to checkout:
- 20th Century Boys (or Pluto or Monster)
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō
- Oyasumi Punpun
- Lone Wolf and Cub