Mawaru Penguindrum is one of those dubs that you feel like it could be so much better. It's very clear that the English actors were not in the same recording room together, since since almost all of the voice inflections seemed off and unnatural in some way.
Furthermore, Himari's voice seems too old for the girl she's playing, and her pronunciation is legitimately cringeworthy at times.
Normally, I'd say stick with the dub anyway, but coupled with the very strong sub performance in Mawaru Penguindrum so far, I have to advocate for the sub on this one. Still, I didn't think many of the american VAs record in the same room/at the same time.
That's mostly a Japanese thing, yet, I feel it the most on Mawaru Penguindrum.
- Wolf Children
- Afro Samurai
- Fooly Cooly
- Kids on the Slope
- Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
- Michiko & Hatchin
- Grave of the Fireflies
- 5 Centimeters per Second
- The Girl who Leapt Through Time
- Madoka Magika
- Welcome to the NHK
- Redline (If you're looking for an intricate plot, this isn't the movie for you, but if you want something beautiful and with a kickass soundtrack, you're good to go.)
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Dissaperance of Haruhi Suzumiy
- The Big O
- Blue Submarine No. 6
- Lucky Star
- Eden of the East
- Steins;Gate (This is best in english dub in my opinion and I dislike Okabes voice in subbed)
- Princess Jellyfish
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
- Summer Wars
- Samurai Pizza Cats
And while we are on the topic of SPC, it is the best "joke dub" in existence.